Choosing the right place for infertility treatment is very important. According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, there are certain points that need to be considered when making that choice:
• Qualifications and experience of the people who work in the facility
• Types of patients being treated (this can have an effect on a program’s pregnancy success rate; e.g., couples over forty are less likely to get pregnant than younger couples)
• Services available – while most infertility programs offer ART (IVF) services, not all programs are nearly as successful. In addition, few programs offer expertise in surgical related infertility concerns.
• Documentation to support their success rates
• Details about the guidelines they follow, lab accreditations, and statistic reporting